Workshop in russian Altai and Mongolia 5 - 12 August.
Max Muench is a Berlin based freelance photographer spezialised in outdoor, landscape and adventure. By following his passion to travel, he captures the beauty and diversity of our planet, always looking for a fresh perspective and an unique story.
Recently exhibited in New York City by Instagram as one of its best photographers, his photography works as the key link between an engaged community and progressive companies as well as modern brands & tourism boards.Max Muench is also project manager of German Roamers, Europe's biggest outdoor community on Instagram.
The trip will begin in the city of Novosibirsk, where you can easily fly from Moscow direct flight. On Aug 5, we set off on two cars towards Altai - the famous Russian mountains. In the evening of this day we stop for an overnight stay in a house on the banks of the Katun River. On Aug 6, we will dedicate the road to the village of Kuray which is located in one of the most incredible places in Russia - the Kuray steppe. This place is famous for its strong energy, many legends and is surrounded by the second highest mountain range in Russia with the highest point of 4260 meters above sea level. The next day, Aug 6, we will spend in the vicinity of this place. We will spend evenings at the fire, get acquainted with local culture and legends, and of course make incredibly beautiful photos. On the morning of Aug 8, we leave towards the border with Mongolia, where on the same day we will visit Lake Tolbo Nuur. In the evening, we are waiting for a program aimed at processing photographs, and the theoretical part. At the morning of the 9 August we meet Berkutchi - the famous hunters, who are famous for this region. August 9, 10 11 will be devoted to participation in this hunting. We will travel with the hunters to the wild lands of Mongolia.
12 August - Packing our backpacks, having farewell meal ann leaving Mongolia.
During the time of workshop Nick and Max will share with you experience and knowledge that they received in many years of hard work in art industry.
- Photography. We will share our experiences in the fields of mobile, digital and film photography.
- Editing & post production. Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop introduction, mobile apps included.
- Social Media Marketing. Learn how to enhance your Instagram and how to build your own community.
- Stock photography. Insights in Adobe Stock and Stocksy
We will tell you our stories, and give all possible advises how to create your own style, find your audience and start working with large companies and brands. Let's find answers to your personal questions and goals!
Certainly, it is most important to us to keep you safe and provide maximum comfort while traveling through such a wild area:
- During the workshop, we will live in the most comfortable conditions of all possible options that this region can provide. We will stay in houses and hotels, no tents. Food will be adapted to the individual preferences of all participants, those who do not eat meat will also be happy!
- During our travels we will use comfortable Toyota 4WD SUVs and horses where necessary.
- Our speakers speak German, English and Russian.
Price is 3000 Euro.
Please note that it is a full-board tour. You do not need to pay additional fees – everything except air tickets is included.
- accommodation in hotels and private homes during the adventure
- transportation (incl. fuel), all transfers using 4WD SUV with comfortable seats
- Meals – vegetarian options available
- National park fees
- experienced local guides
- Professional photography guides with great knowledge of locations
- Airfare to Novosibirsk, Russia (example Berlin - 300 EUR return)
- Medical insurance
- Visas (but we will prepare all needed documents for your visa – invitations, supporting letters etc)
- Alcoholic beverages
We prefer Western Union, VISA or master card transfer, Payoneer.
To find out more information about the event and the methods of payment, please write to us by e-mail
- DSLR or mirrorless camera with tripod
- Selection of lenses as you prefer
- e.g. wide angle lens such as 16-35 mm, f/2.8
- e.g. middle-zoom lens such as 24-70 mm, f/2.8
- e.g. prime lens 35 mm f/1.4
- e.g. telephoto zoom lens, such as a 70-200 mm, f/2.8 or f/4.0
- Your smartphone with battery pack
Full list will be sent to participants
- Waterproof and windproof jacket (consider the average temperature +1 – +5 C at nights and +10 – +20 C during the daytime)
- windrproof pants
- Warm jacket and thermal pants
- Casual clothes for hotel/city
- Your own sleeping bag (you may ask us about it if you haven’t got one)
I’ve choosen the most dry and sunny season (statistically). That is the end of the summer. It is still very warm and there are almost no insects in the air. But it may be quite cold at nights and chilly (up to +5). So please prepare your wear. You may take even a suitcase on the tour, but I recommend to take a road pack or simple backpack – its easier to store it.
We will be 7 photographers maximum and two speakers.
Please take in consideration that to secure the spot I request a deposit of 2000 usd. The policy is simple: if the tour is cancelled due to some disasters like volcanic eruption, I will return the whole deposit. Otherwise it is non-refundable. In any case where tour is cancelled by any unforeseen circumstances, the deposit is refunded. The other part of the sum should be transferred three months before the start of the tour (by end of May). If you cancel the tour after 31 May, 50% of the sum is refunded. If you refuse of the spot in the tour after 31 June, the whole sum is non-refundable. You can secure your spot by deposit via bank transfer. Please inquire about any questions concerning your investment.